we declare Your Perfection above and beyond all: we have no knowledge whatsoever except what You have taught us. No doubt it is You, and You alone that is all Knowledgeable and all Wise. (al-Baqarah, 32)

Saturday, November 24, 2007

NZ Journals #5 - F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Perhaps the best thing about my 2 year stay in NZ is having great friends around, both new and old.

The B.Ed boys

friends then, friends now


Hadi, Nesa and Jarod...I've spent a great deal of time with these boys back in IPBA and they are still spending time with them, albeit not as much as. Everybody's always busy and besides, we're not living in a single building like we used to in IPBA. However, that never stopped them from being an absolutely wonderful group of friends, and ones that I could always depend on. Thanks guys

The Torrens Team

torrens conquers all!!

My other housemates (excluding Hadi), Deli and Kurt. Truth be told, I don't know too many people outside of those from my course. These 2 quickly became on of the earliest non-TESL friends I made. They're good people and it was unfortunate that I only got to know them better in my final year here. Kurt also happened to be an excellent game buddy. One that I can always trust my back to when I'm playing Halo online. Go Torrens Team.

The International
friends and rivals

Despite being in NZ for almost 2 years, I have to say that compared to my other Malaysian friends, I don't have that many friends that aren't from Malaysia. Daichi was one of the few. He's not only a good friend who is totally fun to have around but is also my gaming rival. My only regret was to lose to him 8-10 on our final Dead or Alive match. And then there's Chizuru, who has been a great help in increasing my Japanese language proficiency. I really hope I get to see them both again in the future.

The Guys at EB
Unfortunately, I never got a picture of them. But then again, you don't expect a customer to walk in a shop and take some snappy snappy of the shop attendants do you. Being a regular customer of EB Games Wellington, I have befriended all of the full-time workers there, so much so that we know each others' name. Imagine that, going into a shop and the workers there can call you by name...priceless. Its all the better that they are a great bunch of people. Tommy, Pete, Dave, Fei, Stephen and Lucy, although I haven't got a picture of them, I have a feeling I won't be forgetting about them anytime soon.

The Nihongo Students

taisetsu na tomodachi

And finally this quatro of Japanese Language students, Aishah, Leny, Sue Fin and myself. I learnt a lof of useful things from them and I have to say, these guys...er, girls played a major part in making me much more social these days. It was only after going out and hanging out with them this year that I realized going out with a group of people can actually be fun and that encouraged me to start hanging out with more people. Not suprisingly, I made a lot more friends this year than I did last year. If it weren't these girls, I'd probably be the hermit crab I was last year. You people are awesome friends in my book.
To all my friends here in NZ, thank you for making my life in NZ memorable and so much better than I expected. Allow me to finish this in a very kiwi way by saying, thanks heaps guys!

2 free comments:

Anonymous said...

aawww..... nice post!

pass the tissues please... =)

Najib Azmi said...

thanks to you especially for teaching how to make sushi... hehe. arigatou na!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails