we declare Your Perfection above and beyond all: we have no knowledge whatsoever except what You have taught us. No doubt it is You, and You alone that is all Knowledgeable and all Wise. (al-Baqarah, 32)

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Should I Stay or Should I Go: part deux

The real answer for the question is I should have just stayed. Upon arriving at Mersing yesterday, the Jabatan Laut announced that the sea was way to dangerous for them to allow boats to set sail. They've put out a notice that boats will officially start operating again on the 19th. Emphasis on 'officially'. If boat companies think they can go to Tioman no problem, they're free to go but the passengers won't be covered by insurance if anything were to happen.

There were quite a few teachers who were stranded as I am, including my Pengetua...haha. So he told me to call him back on Thursday, and if everything's A-OK, we'll finally be leaving for Tioman on Friday. So yeah, not even a day into the job and I already got a few days of paid holiday (hopefully).

And while I'm at it, here are a few things thats been going around my head:
  • met a few teachers from the school yesterday and it would seem I'm the only one from my age group.
  • the other teachers are adult adults and they talk adult-ish stuff. The only thing I can talk objectively, without disagreeing with other people, is video games.
  • I'll be the only English teacher in school, which means it's automatically confirmed that I'll become the panitia too.
  • the closest person from IPBA to me, location-wise, would be The Seng in Johor, and I'm supposed to be in Pahang!
  • the island is only 12km wide! I wanna try walking along the shores until I circle the whole island one day.
  • the people there looks not too different from the dudes you see in Hawaii !(from movies, never been there meself)
  • there were more things i thought about yesterday which I'd forgotten today
  • and then some.
  • OK, that's probably it.
  • I really hate it when you know that you know something, but you just can't recall it.
  • probably should just hit publish and be done with it...
word

[edit] holiday continues for a few more days. If all goes well, I'll be leaving on Sunday morning.

5 free comments:

soyasofya said...

ye, sye juge the only English teacher in my school.

Trishomachine. said...

Wahhh...Najib and Soya,
Welcome to Kelab Ketua Ketua Panitia Semalaysia.

Hehehehehehehe.

Najib Azmi said...

hm...ramai dah ahlinye nampaknye..huhu

Jarod Yong said...

And so you get to work in Hawaii while I work in the Amazon!
LIFE IS NOT FAIR!!!!

Najib Azmi said...

hey, of course it isn't. If life was fair, it'd be spelled F.A.I.R. anyways, I still havent been to the place so I really dunno how 'hawaii' is gonna be like

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails